Sunday, December 23, 2018

'Twas the day before...


... the night before Christmas.
And all through the house,
creatures were stirring,
Rufus has his mouse.

No, not a real mouse - it's a fluffy stuffed toy he plays with.

The rest of us, especially Mama (in her kerchief)
and I in my cap
were stirring - getting the house ready for visitors.

I think that's enough prose.  We are preparing the house for company.  Yes, Santa Claus is coming to town, but more importantly (to us) Steph and Dan are on their way.  They weren't able to come last year due to a sick fur baby, but everybody is doing fine, and they are on a plane heading east as I write this.

Steph came to see us at the end of May - that is a long time to go without seeing our sweet girl.  We have enough food and plans for what to do for a 2-week stay... unfortunately, their visit won't be nearly that long.  So, we'll do what time and Mother Nature allow.  It has been a long-running joke that when Mother Nature knows Steph is coming, she sends cold weather our way.  I guess she (Mother Nature) was feeling more kindly this time, because our weather looks to be pretty good while Steph and Dan will be here.

And Rufus?  Rufus is excited, too.  He met Steph and Dan on his very first day with us and got to see them regularly while we were in Arizona.  He showed Steph plenty of attention while she was here in May.  He asked the important questions: "They have their own food, don't they?"  and  "I still sleep with you guys, right?"

"Yes, Ruf, but they will be missing their kitties, so you'll have to show them some special attention."

"I can do that."  He's such a good boy.

Apparently, I have been a good boy, too - all I want for Christmas is to have the 4 of us together, and we are one flight segment away from that.  Now, I am excited!


No comments: