Saturday, December 29, 2018

Well, the wind is blowing harder now...


If you said, "From the Jimmy Buffett song Trying to Reason with Hurricane Season," you get 100 bonus points.

A spitty day here in the Tropical Tip today.  That was "spitty" with a "p" not an "h."  It was 67º when I got up this morning before 7:00am.  The temperature climbed to a balmy 68º before it dropped into the 50s, with north wind and spitty drizzle.

Joan figured it would be a good day to go to the store.  Nope, big crowds everywhere she went.  While she was gone, I figured it would be a good day to record something... it has been over a week since I used the Spire Studio (it wouldn't be good to go off by myself to record while we have company ;-) ) - time to see if I still remember how to use it.

Yep.

Here's a cover of the above mentioned song...

https://soundcloud.com/captainjimb/trying-to-reason-with-hurricane-season

And a shot playing bass and singing (not so easy for me to do)...


6 tracks: 1 guitar, 1 vocal and guitar, 1 bass and vocal, 1 vocal, 2 percussion (drums and shaker).  Rufus thought it was a good day to record, too, but I did cut his "background vocals" out.  Well, mostly.

Beats going outside today.  :-)


No comments: