Monday, March 1, 2021

Droning on...

 

I haven't used the Mavic Mini drone since we left the Black Hills.  Other things going on, I guess.  While out for my bicycle ride this morning, it was a bit foggy, with almost no breeze.  Almost no breeze has been hard to come by here, so I decided to get the drone out when I got home... better to fly for a beginner in no wind... and since I haven't used it in months, I am definitely a beginner again.

By the time I got the drone out and fired up, the fog was gone, but still not sunny.  The camera in the Mavic Mini is a 2.5K, but does a decent job...





 And, a short video clip...

 


--------

Our weather is going to change; another front coming in, but not supposed to be anything like that last cold system that impacted the entire state.  Maybe some precip and a high tomorrow of only 60º - only seemed right that I get some time on the Vespa.

Some fog had moved back in, solid overcast, but not much wind.  The further north I rode on the island, the foggier it got.  The weasels are calling for dropping temperatures and an increasing chance of rain after 2:00.  I got back home just before 1:00.  It was 75º.  I took this shot of the front of the scoot before putting it away...

Shot with my iPhone and the camera set on Portrait/Stage Lighting.

My timing was good.  By 1:30 the wind had changed directions and was building (NNE @ 17) and the temp had dropped to 66º.  Yep, it's coming.

-------

My heart is heavy.  I think it is resting on my stomach.  I have been trying to get to Burger Fi for a while.  They were closed when the power was out on South Padre Island.  Once power was restored, we tried to order on-line and got the message that "this outlet is not able to do on-line orders at this time."  We drove over there and found out that something happened that left the east side of SPI without power, and they were closed.  Whataburger was closed for the same reason, so we settled on our 12th choice of Mickey D's.

Today, we tried on-line ordering and got the same message.  "Not gonna fool me again - let's give them a call before we go there."  We got a Verizon message that "all circuits are busy."  No, I don't know what that means.  We drove to Burger Fi and saw this on the door: "Closed until further notice."

That is not a good sign.  The pandemic has been tough on almost all businesses.  We have tried to get to Burger Fi at least once a week, ordering our meals on-line and dining in our car.  They are my favorite burger place in this area.  I definitely missed some weeks with the last surgery.  Then, the cold spell that hit Texas.  Power outages.  No water.  There is a limit to how much a business can withstand.  I hope this is just a temporary closure.


No comments: