Saturday, March 4, 2023

There is hope...

 

It springs eternal.  That "light at the end of the tunnel" thing.  

This morning, when I was starting to clean up, Joan said, "I'm going to set up the griddle table and you will be making Sunday breakfast tomorrow.  Even if you have to wear a parka."

 

I have only cooked on the griddle a couple times since we've been here.  Not from lack of desire - I enjoy cooking on the Blackstone... but it has been too cold... or rainly... or blowing like stink.

It is still cold in the mornings here in the desert, but the 10-day forecast is improving.  I probably won't need a parka... just 3 or 4 layers.

This afternoon, we are going to Steph and Dan's place.  I will be making burgers on their griddle.  As is typical in the desert this time of year, it will be quite nice by mid-afternoon... may make it all the way to 68º for a high for the day... and then the temp will drop as the sun goes down.  Again, the typical 30º swing from day to night.  I miss the 10 to 12º swing at home... but, I digress.  I will just be grateful for whatever kindness Mother Nature allows.

And now Rufus and I are going out for a walk.  ;-)

--------

We had a lovely afternoon with Steph and Dan.  And their animal menagerie.  Dan and I did some griddling and we had some real belly laughs while playing Monopoly Cards (a very different game compared to the board version).

I posted a photo of their sweet girl Tasha that was a FaceBook Memory from 8 years ago...

Perhaps the cutest kitten ever.  And, she great into a beautiful big girl (she is bigger than Rufus)...


She is a Siberian Forest Cat (they're a big breed), as is her younger "sibling," Alfie.  I didn't get a photo of Alfie today, but here's a shot of Tasha with Tango (their orange little guy)...


When we got home, Rufus was ready to go for a walk (after supper, of course).  This turned out to be his longest walk since we've been here - but, it really did turn out to be a decent day.  Finally.  And a nice way to wrap up the day.



No comments: