Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Threesome...

 
Triple play?  Whatever you want to call it, out for 3 rides today.  First, I took Joan's Xmax for a short(ish) ride.  Out to Hwy 85, onto I-10, then some local cruising.  That Xmax impresses me every time I ride it...


It is so competent at everything it does.  Feels really "flickable" compared to my CTX.  And gets 80+ miles per gallon doing it all.  Which is a good thing, since gas here in Buckeye is $4.59.

Joan hasn't been riding, so it is good to "exercise" the bike, keep oil flowing through it, and keep the battery topped up.

After putting the Xmax away, I got out on my CTX...


With no destination, but a plan to meet my Honey for lunch at 2:00 at the Garden of Olives.  I like their food, and they have $6.00 "entrees to go" after you have bought your meals.  We picked up a couple for Steph and Dan, and a couple for us to have while we're on the road heading for home.

I rode to the Cycle Gear where we have bought stuff in the past; didn't really need anything, just wanted to look around.  Nope - it is an empty building.  Another one bites the dust.

Ride #3 came after lunch; Joan took the extra entrees, so she could put two of them in Steph and Dan's fridge.  I rode north.  Then west.  Then south.  Then west some more.  It got to 79ª today and was just a nice day to be out on a bike.  This will probably be my last ride before we head out Saturday.

Getting close.

No comments: