Friday, March 17, 2023

When Irish Eyes Are Smiling...

 

Happy St. Patrick's Day.  If you said, "Bing Crosby, 1939," you get 40 bonus points.  No, I didn't wear green today - not any kind of statement, I just don't have any green clothes.  It's not my color.  ;-)  Yes, my heritage is half Irish.

Did you hear that there are protests to remove the leprechaun from Lucky Charms breakfast cereal, due to the misappropriation of the culture of Irish people?  Of course, you didn't...


Joan and Steph made the traditional corned beef and cabbage supper tonight...


Well, it wasn't too traditional: the cabbage was cooked in with potatoes, with cheese, bacon, and butter.  I may lose my Irish card, because I am not a fan of corned beef or cabbage.  But, I sucked it up and had some of each.  Because the ladies went through the effort to make it.  Everyone else seemed to enjoy it, and that's what family is all about: treat each other with kindness and respect.  And eat your corned beef and be happy about it, because people starved during the Great Potato Famine.


 

No comments: