Tuesday, April 11, 2023

All we need is a drummer...

 

... for people who only need a beat!

If you said, "Dance to the Music, Sly & the Family Stone, 1967," you get 25 bonus points.  You get an additional 25 bonus points if you can say what the guitar player said in response to that line.  (Insert the theme music to Jeopardy here.)  If you said, "I'm gonna add a little guitar, to make it easy to move your feet," you lived in a great time for music.

We're doing some changing in my music room, and I need to put the drums away for a bit...


 I put them together when I first got this set, and haven't played out or had to move them since.  While these take up less space than an acoustic set of drums, it takes a while to set them up... or, in this case, take them down.

With the drum pads off, it is a skeleton with a bunch of cables...

And when it's all packed, it fits in this box...

Like a puzzle.  And it only weighs about 1,000 pounds.  I'm exaggerating again... it's about 950 pounds.  Probably.  I didn't weigh it.  I was too tired by the time I was done putting everything in its place.

--------

DMV... not.  I got a notice that I can renew my driver's license online.  I didn't know you could do this in Texas.  No change in address, so it was fast and easy.  I had to check a box that my eyesight hadn't changed since I last got my license... I think that is what it said, the print was kinda small and fuzzy.  Yeah, that's a joke.  Almost as good as the one I told Steph the last time I had to renew my license: she asked if I could still pass the eye test without glasses.  I told her, "I didn't have to - I was 4th in line to take the eye test, so I just memorized what the 3 people in front of me said."  (rimshot)  I crack myself up.


No comments: