Sunday, April 16, 2023

The big and small of it...

 

Just a heads up that I may miss making a post everyday for a while.  Right now, our days have been filled with packing things in boxes, and making trips to the storage unit, the thrift shop where what we donate goes to support the local animal shelter, and the dumpster.

It was a bit startling today when Joan put a stack of electronic devices on the counter for me to go through... iPods, iPhones, and 4 MacBook Pros (besides the one I am using to make this post).  The house isn't big, but we designed a bunch of cabinets and built-ins into it... meaning we could "put it in the electronics cabinet," and move on to the next one.  Most of them are still functional, just tired batteries or outdated technology.  Still, I had to go through them all and "wipe" the hard drives/storage.  Of course, there were still photos that had been transferred to the newest device that were still on these.

The early iPhones we had were tiny compared to the current versions.  Look how this cute little thing fits in my hand...


 Big and small...


One of the last things in the second closet I had to go through: sportcoats and suits.  It has been years since I felt the need to wear a suit, and we had pared it down to 4 at that point.  Time to cut it down to two.  I have lost weight and inches in the last few years, so sizing played a part.  There was one gorgeous cashmere jacket that felt great when I put it on - one of the last sportcoats I would have bought, so it was like new.  Very nice feeling material, but Joan said, "You look like a kid wearing his Dad's jacket."  A bit big, huh?  In the end, I settled on a black suit and a navy blazer with gray pants.  And by, "I settled on," I mean Joan said, "Those two fit you nice.  Even though you have no place to wear them."  A lot of full-time RVers call it: "A marrying and burying suit."

We have made a significant dent in getting a good portion of our personal items out of the house.  With each car load of stuff we take out, I keep thinking, "That should be about it..." It must be expanding.

No one needs to hear me reminisce... "Oh, this reminds me of the time..."


No comments: