Monday, April 10, 2023

In the groove...

 

Your music?  Well, yeah.  After doing it for this many years, I should have it down.  It will be one week tomorrow that we've been home.  Seems like there has been a lot to do with moving back in and getting things sorted out.  Joan doesn't like to leave any of her stuff in the coach, I don't like to unload stuff that will go back in there when we head out again... so there is a lot of discussion along the lines of: "Does this stay or go home with us."

It was two trips from the storage unit to the house to get stuff here, but there is always something that gets "displaced" in the shuffle.  We will be heading out to the storage unit again tomorrow, for some more "in and out."

This "groove" is getting back into being house dwellers again and settling into our routine here.  My morning routine is: bicycle ride, music, motorcycle ride.  I have gotten to make some music, as I set up my music room.  This morning was the first time I've gotten out on the e-bike... to be fair, Mother Nature gave us some cool, gray, and rainy days, where I didn't want to get out.  This morning, it was 71º, light breeze, and a thin overcast.  I will have to toughen up the places where the body meets the bicycle seat, since I didn't get out much while we were in Arizona... 5 miles was enough this morning.  We'll see tomorrow how the pressure points did.

It was a true treat to get out on the motorcycle.  It was low enough on gas that the flashing light on the fuel gauge was flashing; first stop: the gas station.  Next stop: to get a Texas State Inspection, since that was due; fast and easy.  The guy I go to takes photos of the license plate and odometer while he's checking the lights and horn; I hand him the insurance papers (which also have the VIN), and he goes to his computer to log it with the state and print me out a copy.

Then, a ride.  I expected mass quantities of people heading off the island since we're wrapping up a holiday weekend - nope, the traffic was like a normal Monday (which is still busier than the other days of the week with outgoing traffic).

Back home, I put the sticker on the license plate and reset clocks on the CTX and the Xmax... I have to get the owner's manual out to remind me how to do that on Joan's bike, since her display is more high-tech than my bike.

Then, some music.  It is fun to have a selection of guitars.  Joan's request: "Play the favorites for Rufus and me."  Yes, Rufus has his favorite songs, too... they are the ones with his name in them.

I am beginning to feel almost normal again.  (Insert your favorite "You?  Normal?" joke here)


No comments: