Saturday, April 8, 2023

Well Groomed...

 

No, not me.  The other guy in the family...


 Seems like we have been going 100mph around the house since we've been home.  This morning, Joan said, "We need some chill time this morning.  Rufus needs to get brushed, I'll make a skillet breakfast, and you play us some music."

It is important to have a plan.

The photo above is one very content kitty - Rufus likes getting brushed; he leans into it.  He's a good boy.  ;-)

And the music was nice... I played "Joan's guitar" - the Taylor T5.  It was a guitar that was too good to pass, but I had just bought another nice Taylor acoustic... I said, "I can't justify this right now."

Joan said, "I'm buying it - it will be my guitar... but you can play it any time you want."  (No, she does not play guitar.)  She has been instrumental (pun intended) in most of my guitar purchases.  It's easy to skip over the T5 because it isn't an acoustic guitar - it's a semi-hollow body electric with electric and acoustic pickups... I'd call it a hybrid.  It can sound rather acoustic, or rock out with electric tones...



2 comments:

Earl49 said...

Rufus is such a handsome lad! And he looks particularly leonene all combed out. (25 points for using "leonene").

Sometime I miss my T5 classic, all ovangkol. It helped me practice quietly late at night and was useful during some left hand rehab. But in the end I'm not really an electric guitar guy and it was mostly sitting there. The volume pot was always scratchy sounding because I rarely plugged in and never moved it. It was going to be expensive to replace the whole circuit board to fix that (you could not replace just one simple potentiometer). So it was sold off two summers ago. But I get the appeal. I had wanted one for several years before a buddy sold me his classic.

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Hi Earl - yeah, I had to look up the meaning of "leonene"... for those like me, it means
lion-like or pertaining to lions. You are quite the vocabularian. ;-)

I don't play the T5 as much as my acoustics, but when I do play it, I think: "I should play this more often."