Saturday, April 15, 2023

The shuffle...

 

Big poker game?  No, but thanks for asking.  Going through drawers and cabinets.  Putting stuff in the local storage unit we rented.  Tossing stuff I thought I couldn't live without.  Joan put some of my "memorabilia" in a box and said, "This will probably be the last time you will see this stuff, 'cause you will have no use to unpack it at some later date."  She's probably right.

We are "getting after it," so we will be ready when the time comes.  Speaking frankly, a month ago, I figured I would "die in this house."  Not planning anything in the near term, but I really didn't see us making a move.  Now that we are going through everything in this house, packing and labeling what we want to keep, taking even more stuff for donation (seriously, where do all these cameras keep coming from???), and a couple trips daily to our village compactor (named "Jaws" by the residents), I think this move could be the death of me.  But, the work goes on.  And on.  And on.

We are like a couple Eveready Bunnies.  Well, without the drum... my drums are packed up.  ;-)


2 comments:

Earl49 said...

Sounds exactly like something I said in spring 2007. Ask me in April and I would have bet money that I would live out my days in Alaska. By August, Alice was en route to the Lower 48 to start her new job, and I eventually flew our Cessna south through Canada in October. I was left up north to coordinate the movers, paint, carpet, and getting the house on the market. Oh, and keep my business running in an empty house while sleeping on the floor. I’m tired just remembering it all 15-1/2 years later. Good luck!

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Hi Earl - in the words of the philosopher Buddy Miles: “Them changes.” We settle into our routines and expect that status quo to continue. And then I find myself saying, “What just happened??”

;-)