Sunday, April 30, 2023

What Is Hip?

 

If you said, "Tower of Power, 1973," you get 40 bonus points.  It's a good song; well, that's how I feel about everything Tower of Power.  Love me some horn bands, and there aren't that many of 'em around these days.

If you're thinking, "At your age, when 'hip' comes up, you're probably thinking about that titanium replacement you have," you lose the above 40 bonus points.

We had a lovely morning.  Joan said, "This is going to be a big transition day, with a lot of people heading back north since it's the end of the month - weather like this will give them something to remember and keep them anxious to come back.  I got out for a bicycle ride, with a temperature in the upper 60s and low (as in: 37%) humidity.  Back from my ride, I took Rufus out for a walk - he was truly enjoying being out and about.

When we got back from his walk, I put on some riding pants and took the motorcycle out for a ride.  Seems like there hasn't been time for that lately, or Mother Nature has been a bit more volatile than usual.  The riding was great... blue sky, sunshine, very light breeze.  Nobody tried to kill me.  I didn't even see anyone run a red light.  One in a row!

One of the things we took out of our storage unit inland is the original seat for my CTX.  While out for my ride, I said to myself: "Self, you should try that original seat again."  I got caught at our bridge on the way home...


It wasn't a long wait - just the pirate ship (one of the local excursion boats).  Back in the driveway, I took the Corbin seat off the bike and got the original seat out of the cargo trailer.  Those seats are very different: the original seat is soft(ish) and low profile; the Corbin seat is very firm (like a saddle for a horse), thicker, and took some time to "break in" to fit me nicely.

I took a photo of the stock seat on the bike, with the Corbin on top of that...


No, you wouldn't use it like that.  Look how much thicker the Corbin (on top) is compared to the stock seat.  The stock seat has a bit of "spring" to it - makes the ride a bit cushier.  I rode the bike with the stock seat on it around the village - not a real test of the feel of it.  So, next time I get out on the bike, I'll give it a longer ride test on that original seat.  I think that original seat could be good, but it is going to need some foam removed in the area of my tailbone.  TMI?

Then, the rest of the morning plan: I made us a French toast breakfast (with bacon and sausage).  Late breakfast out on our deck.  With some music in the background.  Yeah, Tower of Power.

This is a true "Chamber of Commerce" kinda day.


No comments: