Thursday, April 27, 2023

Droning on...

 

I haven't had my small drone out in a while.  This morning, I topped off all the batteries and took it outside to see if I could remember how to run it: some views of our house from the canal side...


 

A very short video...



--------

Walking Ruf right before his lunch, a guy walking by said, "I love those - that's a Maine Coon isn't it?"

My standard response: "His vet says he is, but I'm thinking he's a mix of Maine Cool and cool cat."

The guy said he'd love to have a Maine Coon, but can't handle the shedding.  When I told him that daily brushing really cuts down on that, he said, "Well, I have proven that I don't do that adulting thing very well, so I'd probably not be good at that daily brushing."  He went on and on about how good looking Rufus is.  I can't say I take pride in Rufus's looks, but he kinda puffs up when people gush about him.  The boy understands.

--------

We have an appraiser coming today to look the house over (from the buyer's lender).  She told me she had "12:30 to 2:00" blocked off for us.  At 1:30 and no sign of them, I gave her a call... "I was just going to call you.  The traffic is terrible and it has been raining hard off and on.  Can we still come today?"

"Sure, where are you right now?"  When she told me, I knew they were at least an hour away.  And shortly after that, it started raining here.  Guess I'll go ahead and have lunch.  Now, 3:00 and they haven't called to say they are close.  We live in a gated community, so they won't just be "dropping in."  And now they'll get to walk around outside in the rain.  Assuming they actually get here.

At 3:10, I got a call - they're here.  Two young ladies.  Joan lent them an unbrella so their iPad wouldn't get wet from the rain.  They measured and took photos.  It was pretty much a non-event.  Less than a half hour.  We won't get their results - that goes to the lender.  Just so long as the house appraises for at least the selling price.

One more step done.


 



No comments: