Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Sold...

 

"You sold your new house already??"  No, but thanks for asking.  I put this up on eBay last week...


 It's a Canon G3X camera.  I got it when we were working in the San Juans, thinking the zoom lens on it would be good for whale photos.  The lens was good, but the speed of the zoom and focus were a bit slow.  It was a great camera in its day, but I haven't used it in quite a while, especially since I started using my iPhone for most photos.

Joan suggested I give it to Goodwill, but I decided to put it up on eBay.  It's been a while since I've sold anything there.  It takes a while to get into the swing of things, and I had plenty to do to get it ready for the auction.  I was hoping to get $200 for it.  In the end, it sold for $245 plus tax and shipping... by the time eBay took their cut, I got just over that $200.  Better than giving it away.

So, I'm off to the Post Office this morning to get a Priority box and get it shipped.

Today will be a music day - I'm getting together with Mark and friends.  I missed two weeks ago; that was the day Rufus got his lungs tapped to remove the fluid.  Joan is going with me today - she and Cindy (Mark's wife) have some things planned.

Time to take on the day.

--------

I had a great afternoon of music with Mark and friends (Ron, Danny, and Gil) - all fun to be around.  Besides playing some of our using songs, we worked up a song from Jimmy Buffett's last album: My Gummie Just Kicked In.  It's so new that there are no tabs released for it, yet, so thanks to Mark for working it up for us.

Joan and Cindy went out for lunch then some shopping around for trees and shrubs - getting some ideas for what Joan wants in the yard.  They were back in time to listen to, and applaud, for a few songs.

When we were making the drive home, Joan pulled out a card that Cindy had put in Joan's purse: it was a beautiful condolences card also letting us know that a donation to save a deserving animal at the Humane Society was made in Rufus's honor.  Very touching... and tough to drive when you're misty-eyed.  They are special friends.


No comments: