Sunday, November 12, 2023

What we said...

 

... vs how it's playing out.  This "living under one roof" situation came with stipulations: Steph and Dan have been used to it being the two of them (and a bunch of furry ones); we have been used to it being just Joan, Rufus, and me.  We said, "We don't have to be 'joined at the hip, doing everything together... don't have to have every meal together."  Well, so far, other than when we have been in the middle of the move and eating most meals out, we have been enjoying each others' company for meals.

Joan made breakfast for us all the last few mornings.  Last night, she made a pork roast, with potatoes and carrots.  This morning, Dan made pancakes and bacon for the 4 of us.  Steph is making something for supper.  It has only been Friday since Steph and Dan moved the bulk of their stuff into the house, so I can't really call any of this "a trend."  Tomorrow morning, they will be off to work, so that meal situation will change.

The unpacking and finding a place for stuff continues; we are a week ahead of Steph and Dan.  I don't think Rufus is aware of their cats, or them of him.  It's a very solid door between us.

This morning, I could tell Rufus was needing some music therapy - I brought a guitar into the living room and the big furry boy sat beside me while I played and sang...


He's a good boy.

--------

I had an hour free before getting together with Steph and Dan for supper.  I took the CTX for a ride to South Mountain.  My first time there, so I didn't know what to expect.  A two lane road with tight curves and switchbacks that takes you 5 miles to a viewing area near the top.  It will be a good road for some 360 video... another day.  I was tight on time, so I didn't take a camera.  I did get off the bike to take a couple photos...

A nice view of the Valley, including downtown Phoenix in the distance (above), and silhouettes of parts of South Mountain looking to the west (below)...

They have several motorcycle only parking spots...

Good thing, because all the car parking was full.  Quite a few people up there; I'll make it a point to do that ride on a weekday next time.  The road to go up the mountain is about 3 1/2 miles east of us, then another 5 miles through the curves, with a 25 mph speed limit - 15 mph in the curves, and most of it is curves.  As you first come into the park, the first mile or so has speed humps every 100 yards or so - they are making sure you know it is a low speed limit.

In the grande scheme of things, not the best motorcycle road, but it is a real change-up from the freeway traffic.




2 comments:

Earl49 said...

I should do some music therapy for Lucy this evening, but so far it has not happened. [I need it too]. Duke generally leaves when I am strumming loud, but will sometimes hang around for the quieter finger picking.

Glad to see that some progress is being made. It is a big job.

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Hi Earl. Yeah, I needed some guitar time, too. I haven't had time to get any further with my music room. Guitars are hung, but nothing with the other equipment. Yet.