Sunday, October 13, 2024

Close...


 

It was 72º again to start the morning.  Joan took Murphy outside while I did my morning routine: get Murph's food ready, take my pills, put out Joan's pills (mostly vitamins), take my blood pressure... yeah, maintenance kinda stuff.  Then, I joined them out on the patio.  Joan uncovered our low slung patio furniture (couch, 2 big chairs, coffee table, end tables) so we could sit comfortably.  It feels like we are getting to that time of year that we can do some outdoor living again.  Oh, it's going to get over 100º again today, but just a few degrees and only for a couple hours.

Joan made chocolate muffins (sugarfree) to take care of my morning "treat" (for the pills I need to take with food), then prepped for French toast that I will make on the griddle.  It was good to cook outside again, and to eat out there (with one of the patio umbrellas providing shade).  Nice to eat out there, again, too.

Murphy enjoyed his outdoor time, as well.

I did take this photo to show some of Joan's yard art that I mentioned in yesterday's post...



There is a lot more to the yard than this section, but this makes me smile; and I think it makes Joan happy, which is the main point.

--------

Since I mentioned the yard (courtyard, patio), here's a few photos taken closer to noon today:

The griddle area...


The tall table, where we ate breakfast...


The "lounge area" where we relax first thing in the morning...


By the time noon rolls around, the shade is "decorated" with the slats from the pergola overhead; morning and afternoon, the shade is solid.  The HOA requires this type of pergola, because... well, I guess they don't want an overhead shade area looking like a lean-to.

The overall patio area...

Looking directly out from the patio is our view of South Mountain; it is a relaxing place to start the day.


No comments: