Saturday, October 12, 2024

Plug it in...

 

If you said, "Plug it in, plug it in - from the 90s commercials for Glade Plug-Ins, you get 20 bonus points."  If you said, "A song by British electronic music duo Basement Jaxx featuring American singer JC Chasez, formerly of NSYNC, 2003," you get 50 bonus points, 'cause I've never heard of that.

This morning, Joan asked me, "If you have time, would you run over to the van and check to make sure we left the fridge open?"

"Absolutely"... any reason to go mess with the van.  

"And since you're going, would you take this 12 volt cord?"

"Yes, I will."  The TV in the van can apparently run on 12 volt (battery) or 120 volt (ac power, using the inverter).  For some reason, Roadtrek wired the TV to run off 120.  If you are boondocking and want to watch TV, you have to turn on the inverter.  If running the TV is the only reason for using the inverter, you are wasting battery power - the inverter itself (3000 watt) uses power, even if you aren't running anything... or running something minimal, like a TV.  It is more efficient to run the TV on 12 volt.

Plus, I wanted to see how everything fared with the battery disconnect I installed.

I took the scoot to the storage place.  I clicked the unlock button on the van remote and nothing happened... just like it supposed to.  I clicked on the battery disconnect, and the remote unlocked the doors.  Just like it is supposed to.

I turned on the coach batteries and there are right where we left them for voltage.  And, yes, we had left the fridge and freezer door slightly open.  That's important to keep it dry in there and keep out any food smells.  I looked around to see if I could find the 12v cord for the TV that may have come with the van... nope.   I plugged in the 12v cord that Joan sent me with - it fit the van TV, and clicking the TV on, it fired right up - just like it is supposed to.

Then, time to shut it all back down again.


 I really wanted to take it out for a drive; another time.

--------

Joan was busy today - it was "decorating the yard" day.  Not Halloween stuff - she put about 14 hours in between 11:00 am and 2:00 pm, getting yard decor done.  14 hours in a 3 hour period?  How is that possible?  It's the heat.  Sure looks good, though.  

No comments: