Sunday, October 20, 2024

Well, that was simple...

 

There was a rattle in the back of the van.  Joan narrowed it down to the passenger side wall, where there are two windows.  I expected to remove the wall panel and find that something was disconnected.  I removed the wall panel...

Nope.  Everything is solid within that wall panel.  Nothing loose on the van structure.  I moved the sliding shades around: yep, there's the rattle.  It is within the shade itself, and there's nothing loose in there... it is just the shade moving within its track.  The solution is simple: leave the shades open while underway.  That would have been some good information to have before taking the wall panel off.  Roadtrek has done a nice job with the cosmetics on the interior, so I wanted to be sure it went back just the way it came off.

I couldn't hold the panel by myself while lining up the first two screws with the holes... I enlisted the help of my big strong son-in-law Dan for a couple minutes.  Back in place.

Joan is busy cutting and tacking down carpet in cabinets and storage compartments.  All that should help with a quiet ride.  Realistically, there will always be "noise makers" in any RV: silverware in the drawer, glasses and plates in a cabinet.  Even though you space and/or pad them, "contents may have shifted" while enroute.  ;-)


 Everything went back together...


That gray cabinet in the back/middle is the one we bought at IKEA.  It is storage (the front opens) and a solid top that will serve as a nightstand between the two beds/lounges.

 



No comments: