Wednesday, October 23, 2024

I took a day off???

 

Yeah, it surprised me, too.  I got together with Mark yesterday - first time in quite a while that he and I have gotten together with just the two of us.  Music was made, including working on some songs for when the "big band" gets together next.

Guess I lost track of time and posting.

--------

A First For Mankind... 

I got out on the Burgman this morning.  No, that isn't the "first."  We have been preoccupied with the van this past month (yes, it's been a month), and I haven't been getting in my daily recommended amount of riding.  It was after 9:00 when I left the house - a nice time for that ride down Dobbins Rd... it is past drop-off time for the school along the way, and the morning commuters are off the road.  You wouldn't know you were in "the big city."

The riding was good, the weather pleasant (it was still pleasantly cool - around 79º- when I left the house) and very little traffic.  No video, but I did shoot a couple images when I stopped at the top to hydrate...



When I got home, Joan had a project for me: putting together the patio heater she ordered a while back (no urgent need for heat just yet).  The instructions told what was needed to assemble it: two adults and a screwdriver (it came with a couple wrenches).  Yes, I read the instructions: Joan actually took a photo of that...



 You could easily do 95% of the assembly solo, but there was a couple times when it was handy to have a second set of hands to get a bolt started while holding two pieces together.  It was all pretty straight-forward.  The instructions said it would take "about 60 minutes to assemble."  I was pretty confident we could knock it out in three hours.  A surprise to me: it took about an hour.  The end result...


Yes, we tested it... nothing exploded into a fireball; it did kick out heat right away.  Not particularly necessary, as today's high is supposed to be 96º.  But, when things cool down, it will be nice to have this when we're doing morning or evening patio time.

Murphy likes his patio time, and he got plenty of that in today.  I took him out first thing this morning; then Joan took him out; and he was out there when we were working on the patio heater.  Murph got some time with his buddy Tango, as well...


"No, we weren't doing anything... and even if we did something, you can't prove it!"

That photo will give you an idea of how much Murphy has grown in the 10 months we've had him - Tango was bigger than Murphy early on... Murph has him by an inch or two and a couple pounds these days.  Here's another look at Tango...


One last look at the sky to the west, after sunset...




No comments: