Tuesday, July 19, 2022

After a day off...

 

Yesterday was hot!  Hot enough that I didn't care to get out on the bikes.  That said, I had a wonderful birthday, even if it didn't include a ride.  I have to admit that I had a lot of fun with our scooters over the years, but this CTX seems to have renewed my passion for riding.

Today was cooler (high predicted to be 88º), but windy.  The weasels were calling for gusts to 40 mph.  And that isn't much fun on the bikes.  We decided to get out, but stayed in the south/central Hills, where we could be in wooded areas that would afford us some wind protection.  We didn't have to cut back on the fun of riding - it was all the fun twisty roads we enjoy.  This felt good after "a day off."  A couple hours of riding is good for the soul.

I didn't take a camera along, so no video to wade through.  We stopped at Keystone for a potty break for me.  I took a photo of Joan with the bikes, then a guy passing by asked if I wanted a photo with the two of us in it... "Sure!"


We evaded most of the gusty wind and enjoyed the cooler temps... and, of course, the riding!

:-)



2 comments:

PNW GUY said...

Love reading and seeing your riding adventures. That heat though would kill me. Remember I am a Pacific Northwest Guy. Need that marine air and breeze. Going to see a 2022 Honda NC750 DCT in Port Angeles on Saturday. Believe it or not it is used. Only 2k Miles. Just want to try it for size mainly. Dealer said they sold it to a guy who absolutely loves it, but decided he couldn't live without cruise control, so traded it back in and is waiting on a Goldwing DCT. They can't sell it until his new bike comes in. He upgraded it to include 2 grip shields to keep the hands warmer, and dual hard-sided OEM luggage bags which I know are pricey. Initially the dealer said they would sell it for $8999.00, which seems a bit high as it is technically "used", but the bags are a nice addition and these are so hard to find, new or used. I may consider it if they will take my Burgman in on a trade. Will let you know!! Happy and safe riding.
Greg

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Hi Greg - That sounds like a good bike, especially if that price is out-the-door, without other "dealer fees" added on. That latest generation of DCT is even more capable than the one on the CTX. It is surprising that Honda didn't put cruise control on the newest NC750. I've only had electronic cruise on one bike and didn't really use it that often.

I understand your aversion to the heat after spending time in the PNW. When we first went there to pick up our C-Dory the area was in the middle of a heat wave - it was getting into the upper 90s and there were reports of people dying from the heat, since so many don't have a/c. We had just come from Texas via Arizona, so 95º seemed comfortable to us. Perspective.

Keep me posted on what you think of the NC.

Jim