Saturday, July 9, 2022

Another Riding Video...

 

I won't be giving up my day-job of being retired.  Here is another riding video, from our cruise through Custer State Park yesterday.  This one was more work in the editing process, since a good portion of it is a view from front and back (split screen) from the same camera... only possible with a 360 camera.

I had to chuckle while making this one - seems that there have been regular comments on past videos, some 3 or more years old, where viewers are looking for instructional or informational content.  Folks, these riding videos are for the absolute fun of it.  I am not trying to show you how to ride, where to cruise, or give specific information about either of the bikes we have.

Oh, sure, I have done some videos where I talk through it while riding, but most of these Black Hills riding videos are just to show us having fun while cruising around in the Black Hills.

The comments that made me laugh the most were from a "racing video" that Joan and I did a couple years ago, where her Xmax kicked butt on my Vespa GTS.  I am still getting comments like: "You need to start from a stop and show the speeds the bikes are getting... blah, blah."  Pretty sure it isn't a sanctioned racing event when Joan and I are out having fun.  It brought out the Vespa and Xmax fans, either side declaring that their choice of bike is the fastest.

One even said, "This is just riding, with weird music."  Of course, that comment came from someone who has no content on his YouTube channel... why do you have a channel with no content?  LOL 

Some of these videos are for me to enjoy when I can't be riding.  I love to see the inter-play between the bikes (coordinated via our helmet communicators), leaning into the curves, and watching the scenery go by.  If other people enjoy it... bonus.  ;-)

It's a bit like kids who like to watch YouTube videos of other kids playing with toys... instead of actually playing with the toys themselves.  These are my "playing with toys" videos.

With that in mind, here's our latest Custer State Park riding video...


 


No comments: