Sunday, July 24, 2022

Moving Day...

 

Again??  Do you people get kicked out of neighborhoods on a regular basis?

Thanks for asking.  No, we get along OK with our neighbors, even though I put the "Go Away" sign out on the new site.  Today was our time out in Purgatory Flats.  I drove by the site we'll be in for the next 21 days, and the people that were on it had vacated.  We started our move about 9:30.

I suggested we hook the cargo trailer to the car, pull it out, and back around to load our patio stuff into it; fewer steps.  With the bikes out, we loaded the trailer and pulled it to the new site.  Joan rode her Xmax while I pulled the trailer; once we had the trailer emptied and rotated on the new site, we put her bike in and went back to get my bike.  I was able to load right into the trailer - it saves a few steps.  Then back to the old site to retrieve the motorhome...


 As soon as I started the motorhome, Ruf hopped up on his tower, ready to roll...


Settling in on the new site...


Getting the patio set up...


Joan was reading my mind as I came around the coach after setting up our utilities: "Marcos Pizza for lunch?"

"Oh, yeah."

It is good to be back "up top," on a nice double width cement pad.  None of us are a fan of the gravel.

--------

I thought I might get out on the bike this afternoon.  Mother Nature had other plans - thunderstorms in the area from late afternoon through tomorrow mid-afternoon.  


No comments: