Saturday, July 9, 2022

All Rufus, all the time...

 

I would watch that channel.  ;-)

Another hot one today - the weasels are predicting mid to upper 90s.  Good time for a day off the bike.  Joan went to the grocery store early today, to beat the weekend crowds.  Rufus and I sat out on the patio while it was still comfortably cool outside.  I took him for a walk, and we came across a lady walking what looked like a cross between a malamute and a wolf - it was a big dog.  Gorgeous.  Rufus, being Rufus, wanted to walk right up to it... I held his leash, keeping him a comfortable (for me) distance from the dog.

The lady walking the dog said, "What a beautiful cat!  It apparently isn't afraid of dogs."

I said, "Not unless they give him a reason to be.  Is your dog cat friendly?"

"I don't know - he's never really been around cats, but he is old and pretty mellow."  I let Ruf get a bit closer, but still not too close.  The lady and I visited for a bit; I found out her dog is, indeed, a senior citizen, at 12 years old.  It wasn't showing its age.

After the walk, I zipped the sunscreen to the awning, and Rufus and I sat out on the patio.  The boy enjoys just looking around...


He has his own patio chair... because... he's a good boy...


Eventually, he settled in for a cat nap...


When Joan got back, she made us smoothies and a Momma-treat for Rufus, all of which we enjoyed out on the patio.  Eventually, I fired up the griddle and made breakfast croissant sandwiches.  And after clean up, a quiet 12-string concert on the patio.

It's a good day for laying low around the motorhome.


No comments: