Where all the lights are bright.
If you said, "Petula Clark, 1964," you get 10 bonus points. If you added, "The song was written and produced by the English composer Tony Hatch," you get an additional 50 bonus points.
Joan was feeling like a walk through a Farmer's Market today. The one we have been to in the past is the Uptown Market, and it is LARGE. It also closes down at 11:00 am this time of year.
"Um, let's look around."
She found the Downtown Farmer's Market. In, of all places, downtown. We go downtown when we have to, as in: going to a big name concert. Or some kind of ball game besides football (that stadium is in Glendale). Otherwise, downtown, for us, is a bit too crowded, with expensive parking. For us. Yes, I know there are plenty of people who think living downtown is hip and happening. They don't even need a car. Because: see that "expensive parking" above. But, being the agreeable kinda guy I am, we headed for downtown.
After one loop around, I found an empty parking spot on the street. Bonus: it even had some time left on the meter. This Farmer's Market wasn't huge...
This being hip and happening downtown kinda thing, there was a few too many "all natural, vegan, gluten free... all that stuff that makes you wanna throw up.
"I used to eat natural foods... until I learned that most people die of natural causes." "Health nuts are going to feel stupid one day, dying of nothing."
We didn't buy anything. Also, there wasn't a single farmer for sale.
--------
It was getting to be time for lunch when we left. Joan did a quick search for "the best BBQ" and came up with Bobby Q, about 8 miles away. BBQ sounds a lot better to me than any of that vegan stuff.
I didn't take any photos, but Bobby Q's was outstanding. I would call it "upscale BBQ" - a nice restaurant, upscale prices, but great service and really good BBQ.
No comments:
Post a Comment