Tuesday, September 29, 2026

If The Rain Comes...

 

"... they run and hide their heads."

If you said, "The song Rain, by the Beatles, 1966," you get 5 bonus points.  If you asked, "Is it raining in Phoenix?  I thought it was sunny there all the time," you may not be aware of monsoon season.  Hot and humid.  Moist unstable air.  And this morning, the rain was pounding when I got up.  Rain totals so far of .75" to 1.25" in most of the Valley (of the Sun).  Flash flood warnings for Maricopa County and other surrounding counties.


 Two cars were washed off a road in New River, just north of Phoenix.  The weather is moving northeast, so the areas with the heaviest precipitation (red and orange on that radar image above) will be moving across Scottsdale and the New River area.

67º when I got up.  A predicted high today of 77º... quite a change from the heat we've been experiencing.  Joan and I actually wore long pants yesterday.  No triple digit highs predicted for the next 10 days, but sunny and dry after tomorrow.

 

No comments: