Tuesday, September 15, 2026

It Pays To Advertise...

 

Advertising isn't what it used to be.  For a lot of businesses, it is more effective to hire a social media manager to get the word out about their products... make "free" posts on FaceBook, Instagram, etc, regarding your stuff.

It worked on me.

Today, Joan wanted to stop at a rain gutter manufacturer and get a length of downspout to add to the bottom of one of our existing downspouts to route the water further away from the house.  The company that did our rain gutters couldn't sell us a 10' piece of downspout, but they gave us the name of their supplier.

We stopped there today and bought a 10' section.  For those keeping track, it just fits in the Equinox.  After that, Joan asked me where I wanted to have lunch.  I have been craving a burger (out) for several days - I have been seeing posts on Facebook for Shake Shack, and suggested a new one about 5 miles from where we picked up the section of gutter.

IF we have been to one of these before, I don't remember it.  I knew I liked the burgers at Steak & Shake, but not the same thing.  So, off to the Shake Shack...


 Like many other fast food places, they want you to wait on yourself...


 Easy enough, but then they also want a tip after you are done waiting on yourself.  From my perspective, there should be an "employee discount" when you wait on yourself.  But, I digress.

The burgers were good.  The shake was excellent.  The sides (fries and onion rings) were plentiful; nothing exceptional.  Not inexpensive.  We voted: we'd eat here again, but not go out of our way to get here.  This is a new location, in a new shopping area.  The interior is kind of austere - nothing fancy about it...




 This has not unseated our favorite burger places: Smashburger and Five Guys.  But, another option.

No comments: