Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Date Day...


No, nothing to do with the fruit from a date palm tree - Joan and I got to have a "going-out date"... well, seasoned citizen style.  Joan got to shop at The Container Store and we went to a movie; her choice: Gloria Bell.  Not exactly a block-buster, but it was nice to not have a schedule.

When we picked out seats on Sunday, for today, every seat in the small theater was available.  Since we haven't heard any "buzz" about this movie, we expected to have the theater to ourselves.  Nope; the next person to come in was an individual, and his seat was right next to me.  Next couple in were in the seats on the other side of Joan.  Apparently, they all thought we knew something about the best location in this theater.  ;-)

A warm, hazy-overcast day in the desert.  It got to the upper 80s... spring has definitely sprung.

-----------

And Practice Night...

No, I wasn't practicing for the date.  Dan has had his sisters and their families here for the last few days, and he hasn't been able to practice guitar.  We did another lesson tonight.  This is way different from lessons with the kids: I have used Dan as an example for how they should be practicing... they know about 8 chords, Dan knows about 40 to 50.  We worked on some individual note picking this evening.  He is progressing nicely - I am trying to give him exercises he can work on after we leave.

And speaking of practicing... I put an hour in on the harmonica this afternoon.  I can play a scale and working on breathing exercises.  Joan said, "I am surprised - it sounds OK."  Note: "OK," and not "fantastic"... of course, I would know she is yanking my chain if she said the latter.  ;-)

Rufus on the other hand, was more vocal than usual... and he wasn't particularly happy about it: "Seriously, Pops, we need more guitar and singing, and way less of that thing."

We'll see.




No comments: