Monday, March 4, 2019

Happy Birthday to You...


No, it isn't any of our birthdays this week.  (Steph's is next week)  Guitar lessons again today.  I was pleasantly surprised that some of them had actually practiced the chords from the last lesson.  I taught them two more easy chords today, then gave them their "assignment" for over spring break: come back to class (two weeks from now) with a song they want to learn, using the chords they have learned.  If they bring me a song, I will learn it and show them how to play it.  They don't have to learn the song, just go through the effort to find a song on the internet using those chords.

I did show them how to play "Happy Birthday to You," using three chords they already know.  

With their spring break happening next week, and parent/teacher conferences on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, this will be a very long break between lessons.  I am realistic - while I hope they will practice what they have learned, the odds are pretty good they won't.  So, we'll see how this plays out.

Steph and Dan will be plenty busy this week with conferences.  I'm just hoping to get to feeling better; soon.


No comments: