Monday, March 11, 2019

Working...


In my dreams.  No, I don't think I'm subconsciously wanting to be working.  The last year or so, I've had dreams about working.  Some might call that nightmares.  ;-)  I've enjoyed the jobs/careers I had over the years; discounting the more typical odd jobs, my careers have come down to 3 themes: singer/musician, photographer, boat captain.  Interesting how one morphed into another, but that is the topic for another post (or book).

Last night, I combined two jobs: musician and photographer.  The setting was a formal dance (I don't think it was a prom, but something similar) - I was playing in the band... we all had matching red vests.  Then, during the band's break, we went over to a background and photographed couples.  Then, back to making music.  Not much of a "break" if you keep working.

And, when this dream stuff happens, I am tired the next morning.  This workin' stuff is exhausting.

;-)


3 comments:

Hudson River Boater said...

I would buy your Book-- Get Write'n..
Joan-- You Drive.. Jim has to Write a Book.. Lol..

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Thanks, HRB... may be a while. It took me 58 years to get the first book written. ;-)

Hudson River Boater said...

I like reading short Books-- IE: Cat on a Leash.. You Ain't got 58 Years left!!-- Please hurry and write!! Lmao!! Would truly like to meet you & The Blonde one day-- It's been fun following you 3.. My God-- How many Years has it been now? If you make it up to Fairfield Co. CT.-- I could arrange a Boat ride off of Westport CT.
That is if the Engine doesn't Blow on the Boat after I rebuilt it last Fall!! One won't know till I turn her 52/5400 RPMs Under Load.. Just a small Center Console-- 1998 250 Yamaha..

Play Safe Kids-- One day our Paths may cross..