Sunday, May 17, 2020

A fresh start...


... to the day.

Out for my bike ride this morning, not many people out.  I wonder if yesterday's morning storm kept some of the weekend folks away?  It wasn't particularly humid, but was 80º at 8:30.

Putting my bike away, I whacked my head coming out of the storage area (not quite stand-up height for me).  I was rubbing my head when I came inside.  Joan asked, and I responded, "It isn't a vital organ."

"It used to be," she responded.  That "not a vital organ" line is funnier without that comeback.  ;-)

Joan had a fresh fruit plate ready for me, chased down with a glass of ice water.  It helps to re-hydrate.  Then, she showed me what she had been working on while I was out pedaling away...


That's a fresh made breakfast pizza, ready to go in the oven.  I'm drooling.

-------------

Breakfast was tasty!  After that, Joan went out on the deck to work on the sun screen that blew down during yesterday's storm (broken mounting bracket) and then cleaned all the glass on the windows and doors.  It wears me out just watching.

In the meantime I made an attempt or 12 to download some music tracks Mark sent... it didn't go well.  I have to say that working with LogicProX has been more frustration than fun.  In the meantime, I recorded a few more vocal tracks on the song I originally sent him.  I decided to move on from that and set up for another "stayin' at home" video, on the same song Mark and I have been working on, but a completely different style.  This went much easier, except for Rufus's need to be on my lap while doing a quick edit on the video and getting it uploaded to YouTube.

Here it is...



2 comments:

Bob said...

Hey Jim - here are a bunch of South Padre Island food reviews:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzm5zXJyyB0Vdh2fhi6jGmg/search?query=South+Padre+Island
bob jarrard

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Oh, I am familiar with the Texas Bucket List - it's on locally on Saturday or Sunday mornings. Also familiar with all those places that were featured... and he missed a bunch more good local places. ;-)