Sunday, May 24, 2020

How's that social distancing working for you?


I mentioned on one of the forums I visit that we'd be "cocooning" for the most part this holiday weekend.  And, at the same time, the resort where we live is being ever more populated with summer renters.  The place across the canal from us had even more people yesterday and last night.  They weren't nearly as loud, and were overshadowed by the volume from a place further down the canal.  With the doors shut and the a/c on, we didn't hear them.

How about the beach?  You couldn't pay me to go there on a holiday weekend, especially with the current situation.  Social distancing?  Someone on Facebook posted this screenshot from a beach cam yesterday...


I expect that it will quiet down a bit by Tuesday, but that is an unknown - there are still a lot of people not back to work, no school, and the draw of the beach.

When I went for a bike ride this morning, it is apparent by the number of parked vehicles that more people are here right now.  I saw quite a few "new faces" out walking, jogging, dog-walking.  One thing I didn't see much of: trash.  That's a positive.


No comments: