Thursday, May 21, 2020

Tech stuff...


I was thinking about taking the boat out today, but Mother Nature blessed us with a thunderstorm this morning.  By the time it was done, so was my desire to wrestle with the cover.  ;-)

This afternoon, I was looking at posts on the scooter forum and decided to go out and try to get the current Scooter "Tag": your scoot with a "waxing salon".  Anything to do with wax (such as a candle shop) was offered as an alternative.  Joan suggested the Mobile RV Wax place not far off our island.

I took her scoot and got the tag...


Then used that same image for the next tag: your scoot with a mobile business.  How's that for efficiency?  ;-)

I stopped to check mail and then back home.  It is quite humid out there after the rain (that's not always the case).  Being the good guy that I am, I decided to reset the clock on her bike before I put it away.

My Vespa is classy, but quite simple.  Oh, it has handy stuff like a clock and an outside air temp readout besides the usual gauges, but Joan's Xmax has an extensive trip computer with all kinds of info.  To reset the clock on my Vespa, you press the button that reads "Clock" and adjust the hours and minutes with the same button.  To reset the clock on the Xmax, I had to get out the owner's manual... push and hold this lever while turning on the main switch; hold it for 8 seconds, push it the other direction to adjust the hours, then push and hold it for 3 seconds, then... it's a process.  I can see why Joan hasn't done it since we got back from Arizona.  But, it all works just like the manual says.  I checked other info as long as I was into the "Info Mode."  That is a slick bike.  I really like the "keyless" operation... just have the key fob in your pocket (or somewhere near) and you can operate all the stuff.  It was quite handy when stopping to take a photo.

Where the Vespa is classy and simple, the Xmax is sleek and modern.  Both are fun.  Clear examples of the difference between Italian and Japanese engineering.


3 comments:

Hudson River Boater said...

Hi Capt'n-- Have you seen Grey's Anatomy Season 16 Episode 21?
I We just watched it..

If you haven't-- You my not want to watch it.. I like watching Surgery's..

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Hi HRB - I didn't know that Gray's Anatomy was still on the air. Maybe I need to "stay in" more? ;-)

Hudson River Boater said...

You may have to watch a Commercial or two but it's free to watch..
The part that got me thinking about you is around 28 Mins in to the Episode

It's pretty Graphic

https://abc.com/shows/greys-anatomy/episode-guide/season-16/21-put-on-a-happy-face