Tuesday, May 19, 2020

I spent the afternoon...


... in my music room.

I experimented with different guitars, an amp in the background for ambient room sound, mic distance, and different setting on the mic.  That's the mic that connects to the iPhone for the video, not the usual mic I use for vocals.  For these tests, I settled on no amplification, guitar or vocal - just a guy and a guitar, simple video recording.  I did add an accent light, since the only other light in that room is an overhead fixture on the ceiling fan.

I recorded a dozen different songs, with the door open so Rufus could come and go, and Joan could listen from the living room and kitchen.

I recorded a dozen songs, maybe more.  No, I won't post them all, but here's a few...




Sitting relatively close to the iPhone and mic, I plugged the headphones into the back of the mic so I could hear what the iPhone was hearing.  I'm kinda liking that Princess Leia look.  ;-)


No comments: