Thursday, May 7, 2020

Changes...


We got word today that things will be opening more here in our resort: the pools will open tomorrow.  That is a big deal for a lot of people... those who exercise in classes in the morning, and the summer families who will be here.  Not sure how they will enforce "social distancing" with a bunch of kids in the outdoor pool.

My fingers feel like hamburger.  What?  Yes, I changed subjects.  I spent time with my Taylor T5 and the THR 30ii amp this afternoon; rockin' out.  Well, I was rockin' in.

I took the scoot out this afternoon, partially to grab the scooter tag, but mostly to keep the cabin fever at bay.  The tag was "your scooter at a palace or other important building," it was posted by a guy from Belgium, and was explained that is where the Royal Family lives.  We're a bit short on Royal Families here, but the most important building on our island is the Event Center...


Close as I could come to "a palace," but it does have lots of cool arches.  ;-)  At 4:00 pm, notice my scoot is the only vehicle in the parking lot.  The outdoor pool is behind the building on the left; the indoor pool is attached to the building on the right.  I'm guessing the parking won't look so unoccupied starting tomorrow.  The building on the left also houses our mailboxes, so another reason for the stop.

Warm, humid, and windy today.  It was good to get out on the scoot...


... but, a bit sticky, even when moving.  Still, it felt good to be out and about.  Coming back through town, I could smell BBQ smoke... I thought that might mean Porky's (our favorite local BBQ place) might be open again.  Nope.  Still a closed sign on the door.  Other local restaurants are starting to open - the Governor is allowing restaurants to open with 25% of their maximum occupancy and proper social distancing.  We'll see how that plays out, but some of the local restaurants are advertising and making "We're open!" posts on Facebook.  I think it will be a while before we're ready to go back to that.

I was home in time for the 5:00 local news.  Tim the Weather Guy is calling for wind and rain over the next three days... some places in the Rio Grande Valley may see 5" of rain!  Wind gusts over 50 mph.  Thunderstorms.  I decided to put the cover on the boat and put an extra line on it.

I was sweated up by the time I wrestled that cover on.  It usually takes me about 20 minutes to get it all snugged down, but with some determination and gusto, I was able to do it in only 30.  Wind, heat, humidity... so, that was fun.


So, probably more "stayin' at home" for the next few days.


No comments: