Wednesday, July 8, 2020

More than a haircut...


Honestly, I don't know whether to leave a Yelp review or write a Dear Penthouse letter... "I never thought this would happen to me..."

The Yelp review:

Quality of haircut: 5 stars
Time it took: 5 stars (I would have been OK if it lasted longer)
Staff friendliness: I don't know how to rate this.

I should probably elaborate: I was due for a haircut.  Well, over-due.  From the moment I made the appointment, I knew this was going to be a special haircut experience.

She told me to sit down and draped a cape around me.  I felt like Darth Vader, only the cape was in the front.  But still, that manly wearing-a-cape feeling.  It seemed like she took extra time as her hands brushed against the back of my neck while snapping the cape around my manly neck.  She ran her fingers through my hair.  I was about to tell her how I wanted it cut, but she said, "I know what you need," in what seemed like a breathless voice.

Then she said, "You can pet my kitty while I'm doing you."  Really.  There was this big cat in the chair by me.  He seems like a good boy.

I could feel the wetness... as she combed water through my hair before starting the task that lay ahead of us.  Thoughtfully, she didn't mention that small thin spot that goes across the entire top of my head.  She went to work on me... her hands deftly pulled gently... as she held my hair out to cut.  She worked me all over... cut the hair all over my head.

I didn't know what to expect when I felt her undo the snaps.  On the back of the cape.  Her breath felt warm and sweet on the back of my neck as she shave it.  I accepted the compliment when she said, "Your hair is so thick here."  While she trimmed inside my ears.  She gently took my face in her hands... while she decided how high to trim my sideburns.  I knew there was a electricity between us.  From the static shock when she moved my head from side to side.

"Hold still!" she commanded.  When I tried to brush a sexy clump of hair that was hanging from my nose.  I like a woman who takes charge.  I couldn't believe my ears when she said, "Run your hands through it," motioning to my hair.  "Let me know if you want more."

I could barely get the words out: "This feels good."  As I checked the now shortened length of my locks.  In my mind, it was like a goddess giving me a haircut and a lap dance all at once.  Seriously, I don't think it was an accident when she firmly turned my head side to side to check her work.

I forgot to mention: this was a house-call haircut.  Yes, right at my RV site; out on the patio.  In full view of anyone who might walk by.  I blushed, wondering what the neighbors would think... "Ha!  They all wish they were me!" seeing this Blonde beauty giving me this special treatment.

And just when I could tell we were reaching the climax... of this haircut, she pointed to the door and said, "Go shower.  I'll be in after you."  I think we all know what she meant.  Yeah, she would take a shower after I was done.

I wondered what this experience was going to cost me... she said, "You can grill us a couple steaks tonight."

OMG - I have a supper date with this lovely woman!  If I play my cards right, there is a chance we will spend the night together!

I could go on, but my imagination far exceeds the reality.

Back to the Yelp review...

Value of service provided: 5 stars.  I would give 6 if it were allowed.  Maybe 6.5.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐


----------

Back to the real world.  The replacement vent cover came in today.  We can still get stuff delivered to Hart Ranch, but you can only pick something up for a 3 hour period, and only one person at a time is allowed at the mail room window.

Some assembly required...


Notice the good haircut, too.

With all the small screws and nuts in place, I went up the ladder once again to replace this.  Nope, wrong size.  We dug deeper in the internet and found a slightly smaller size.  Instead of ordering, I suggested we make a run into town and go to Camping World to see if they have one of these in stock.  Joan suggested we stop at a closer RV dealer... who carries lesser expensive brands.

I went inside and a guy met me just a few steps inside the door - when I told him what I was looking for, he took me right back to their stock of vent covers.  "Nope," I said, "those are the wrong size."

He sneered at me and said, "This is what every RV uses for vent covers - I've sold over 2,000 of them in the past two months."

"I can believe that with all the hail, but that is too big."

He said, "What is your RV - a Winnebago?"

"As a matter of fact, it is.  A Winnebago Aspect."

Still sneering (I could tell 'cause he wasn't wearing a mask), he said, "Winnebago doesn't use anything that other RVs use - you'll have to order that direct from Winnebago."

"Well, the last 3 RVs I've had used this same exact bathroom vent, so..." No point in arguing with someone who doesn't know what they're talking about.  I thanked him for his time and left.

Next stop: Dakota RV (it's on the way to Camping World).  They were busy (unlike the previous place), with RVs in their service bays, customers, and employees stocking shelves.  I told the gentleman who greeted me at the door what I was looking for, and he took me to their stock... "Nope, ours is just a bit smaller than that."  He knew exactly what I was talking about and took me to their stock of just what I needed.

"Is that a Winnebago only item?" I asked.

"Well, Winnebago uses this, but so do other RV makers."  No sneer.  I like this guy.  The young lady who rang up my purchase said, "We are a Winnebago dealer if you ever need anything... or, if you want to trade for another Winnebago."  Smart.

Back to the coach and back up the ladder.  At first glace, it didn't look like it was going to fit, but it was a matter of putting "Tab A into Slot B"... just like the original one that was smashed to pieces.  Of course, it wasn't as easy as fitting it into the hinge on the roof - we had to go inside and take apart that part of the vent fan to attach the lift arm.  All it takes is time... and a $20 vent cover.

With that chore crossed off the list (yes, there is a list), we went to work on supper.  As agreed, I grilled steaks while Joan made salads, fried some corn fresh off the cob, and popped a loaf of crunchy bread into the toaster oven.

Tasty.

None of your business what we did with the rest of the evening.


No comments: