Friday, July 10, 2020

Unbelievable...


It grayed up this afternoon.  And then a gust front hit that shook our motorhome.  Joan stepped outside to rescue her cat-on-a bicycle lawn ornament, just before the sheets of rain.  And, the inevitable hail that was even more intense than what we've see earlier this week.  That is 5 hail storms in 8 days.  This one was so loud that we couldn't hear each other, standing side-by-side.

The hail has stopped for now, but we're still in the middle of a pounding rain and the constant rumble of thunder.  This one turned my stomach.  Rufus didn't know where to go to hide from it.  Joan went window to window, shooting video on her phone.  I kinda thought we'd just pay out of pocket for the previous hail damage, but we'll be turning this in for an insurance claim.

This shit sucks.  It is raining too hard to go out to check if the windshield of the Honda is still intact.  I will be surprised.  I'm about done with 2020.

The wind howled.  The rain poured.  The hail hammered.


I wonder if we'll have to pay extra for the "waterfront property" in the grassy area south of our coach.


It's hard to see how peppered the car, motorhome, and trailer are, because everything is still wet.  The bigger dents are obvious.  The hail punched a hole in one of our slideout awnings...


Surprisingly, the windshield of the Honda doesn't appear to be broken (at this first glance).  One thing that really pisses me off: the vent cover that we replaced on Wednesday stayed intact, except for the hinge; which renders it useless to be able to open.  Between the two of us, it took about an hour and a half to replace that.  We should be faster on it next time around.  Hopefully, Dakota RV will have another one.  I wonder if they are cheaper in multiples of 10?

See - I still have my sense of humor.  The coach, car, and trailer are beat up, but we are safe and dry.  Well, I got wet to my ankles when I took the ladder to the side of the coach to check the roof.  Speaking of the roof on the motorhome: it has a one-piece fiberglass roof.  I didn't see any cracks, but there are dents... in fiberglass.

I just spent the last hour on the phone with our insurance people, filing a claim for each conveyance.  The guy I spoke with said, "Yes, we have had a cluster of calls from that area you are in - sounds like it was pretty bad."

Yep.


No comments: