Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Unexpected day off...


A cool, rainy day yesterday.  Seems that we had plenty to keep ourselves busy.  In the afternoon, Mark and I visited on the phone, with some discussion about a TC Helicon vocal pedal I lent him, a new to the market amp, and the song he wrote that we have been working on.

Not making music, but it was music related.  Nice to visit with my buddy on a regular basis.

Rufus got outdoor time as things dried up; he wanted to walk alongside the road - he usually prefers the grass, away from the road.  More people there, and I think he likes the attention.  Still, with the pandemic, I don't let anyone pet him.  There were the usual comments about "a cat on a leash" and one guy who said, "That is a very handsome cat."

I think Rufus puffed up a bit, and I said, "You're only saying that 'cuz it's true."

And now, this morning... the smell of fresh mowed grass as the grounds maintenance folks work through our section of the park.  Mix that in with the smell of biscuits and gravy and fresh-made coffee.  No, I am not a coffee drinker, but I do appreciate the smell.

Looks to be a great day, and I look forward to some time on the scoots.


No comments: