Thursday, September 9, 2021

For those who think it is all about the riding...

 

It isn't.  It's about the eating.

We had no plan for the day.  It is warm, windy, and hazy (smoke).  Joan said, "I am in the mood for a really good hamburger."

I asked, "Are you thinking Black Hills Burger and Bun?"

"Yes, but I'd rather take the car."

I said, "I'm in.  Picnic or dining in the Honda?"

She replied, "I'm reserving that answer until I see if it is windy in Custer."

"Deal."

Rufus got his lunch just a bit early (he seems to be over his poop issues - TMI, but I thought you'd want to know), and we put picnic gear in the car, just to be prepared.

Yep, it is warm, windy, and smoky out there.  Joan ordered our meals on-line, timing it so our food would be ready when we got there; this is not our first rodeo.  The flags were standing out when we got to Custer; I found a close parking spot, Joan went to pick up our food, and we drove to the parking by the County Court House, where we generally get a picnic table... we're eating in Chez Honda, with a view of the picnic tables and grassy area in front of the court house.  No, we're still not going into small, tight places to eat, but we will get food to take out.

The burgers were outstanding (as always), and the cheese curds were a true delight.  You don't get a body like this without maintaining it.  After lunch, we were enjoying the drive back, when Joan requested one more stop... "The candy store?" I asked.  Yes, I am psychic... or psychotic... it's one of those psych things.  She wanted to get some of their fancy popcorn, I was looking forward to one (or two) of their fancy chocolate-dipped Twinkies.

With school back in session, the place wasn't over-run with kids.  I mentioned that we haven't gotten taffy in Keystone in a couple years... yes, this place has a huge variety of taffy.  And popcorn...


And, some Rufus-Dad time at home...



That's his relaxed face.  :-)


2 comments:

Earl49 said...

That is one seriously, majorly relaxed cat. Good boy! Glad to hear that he is feeling better too.

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Thanks, Earl - Rufus is back to his old self... makes my heart happy.