Thursday, September 30, 2021

The Big Chair...

 

Rufus has settled in.  Life is good when you're in your big chair...


 It gives him a good view all around the living room, where he can keep an eye on his people.

While Joan was out running errands yesterday, a thunderstorm rolled through.  Ruf and I were outside when we heard the first rumble of thunder... he looked up at me and said, "I think we should go back inside.  You can give me a treat."

"I think that's a good idea, buddy."

Not long after that: thunder, lightning, and a pounding rain.  Rufus wasn't in panic-mode, but he said, "I think I'll hop up in your lap so this noise won't bother you as much."  He's very thoughtful that way.  The rain came down in buckets, and I was hoping Joan was inside one of the stores on her list when the rain was at its heaviest.  (She was.)  I was keeping an eye on the driveway, and gave her a hand carrying things in when she got home.

Of course, all that rain added to the humidity.  After 3 glorious months of low humidity, it is taking a while to acclimate to the humidity here again.  It looks like a good chance of thunderstorms for the next 5 days... our timing was good for getting the coach back home and into its storage unit... it's as close to "a big chair" that the motorhome has.  ;-)


No comments: