Monday, September 13, 2021

Gunshy...

 

Gunfire?  No.  I woke up this morning at 5:55 to the sound of what I thought was hail on the roof.  I got out of bed, opened the shade on the door, and turned on the porch light... nope, not hail, just large, pounding rain drops.  Claps of nearby thunder.  I didn't see that on last night's weather forecasts.  Now, it looks like we will see off and on precip today and tomorrow.

Rufus was stuck to me like glue; the boy gets concerned when it pounds like that.  Yeah, me, too.  We looked all around the coach - no leaks.  I went ahead with my morning routine. 

Joan checked our security cameras at home: wet, but not currently raining.  Enough wind that we can see the palm tree branches swaying, but it doesn't look strong.  So far, so good.  Wind is currently 30mph gusting to 50, out of the north - a sign that the center of the tropical storm is now northeast of our home.

The movement is generally north northwest, meaning we will see more effects as it wraps around.  Not good news for the northern Gulf Coast, as this is going to bring more rain to the areas that were impacted by Hurricane Ida.

And, back to my furry boy: prior to the ugly hail event, he hasn't been too concerned about the weather; he pays more attention when he hears the rain on the roof, and tends to stay close by one of us.  When we do our walks, if he sees a dog anywhere, he stays right by my leg.  Molly used to do the same thing, standing between my legs or right behind them when she perceived a possible threat; she was a bit more worldly than our other cats, but Rufus is learning.  He is less bold about marching right up to a large dog... actually, a good thing.  But, he is not a "fraidy-cat"... he still wants to see what's going on, doesn't cower or run, just wants to keep an eye on the situation.

I keep an eye on the situations, too.

A photo of getting a kitty-hug from Rufus this morning...


--------

Following up on dealings with Winnebago and Progressive to get all our ducks lined up for repairs to the coach.  It won't be happening until December, but I'm just making sure all parties involved have all the necessary information.  I made calls to Winnebago Factory Service to make sure they know what else besides the roof needs to be replaced.  Referenced that work order and appointment with Progressive so they will be expecting a supplement to the insurance claim.  Spent a good portion of my morning on the phone.  More photos e-mailed to Winnebago, showing the damage to the cab portion of the coach.  I'm feeling like we have a good handle on all this, including what we need to empty out of the coach and the delivery to Winnebago.

No comments: