Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Droning on...

 

I have good intentions.  Yes, I know about the road to Hell and the paving materials.

I thought I might use my small drone this trip; I didn't.  We are trying to get as much info ready for the insurance adjuster, and realized I didn't take any photos of the roof after the patching I've been doing.  I really didn't feel like climbing back up there again, so I got out my drone.  The only issue is: currency.  No, not money.  A pilot needs to stay current.  Same applies to a drone operator - if you don't use it regularly, you lose what you've learned with operating the controls.  It isn't like riding a bicycle.

I set up the drone, climbed to a level above the motorhome, and moved slowly after that... "Hmmm, is that a right or a left rotation?... Does this lever move it up or forward?  Or maybe backwards."  Fortunately, the wind was light, so I didn't have to fight that.  I shot several videos as I moved the drone slowly front to back, then back to front.  I did shoot some photos, too...



 Not "glamour shots" to show off the coach and the site.  There are silver and white patches on the roof.  The silver is covering cracks in the fiberglass; the white is covering holes in the fiberglass.  And those large white blobs to the front of the coach and the driver's side mid-way back (just left of the black air conditioner) are skylites that were busted through and have been covered with Gorilla Tape and FlexTape.  The detail is better in the video, but I didn't feel much like making a production to post here - I'll give these files to the adjuster and let him deal with them.

--------

Seems that I can't just leave it.  Here's the video for the insurance company...


This video is "unlisted," so only available from the link here.


1 comment:

Henry Scurlock said...

That's a lot of patching! Hope it holds up for you, especially as you travel. I did notice the little 'heliport' in the back lawn, is that something functional or just a convenient add-on?