Wednesday, September 15, 2021

The Last Ride...

 

While I was getting the scoots out, an old guy walking by stopped to watch... "So, you just ride them back in there when you're done?"

"No, I use the motor and walk them in - easier to control."

He said, "Those look like fun.  Are those special pants you're wearing?"

Special pants?  It took an amazing amount of self-control to NOT say, "Any pants I put my junk in are special pants."  Instead, I said, "Yes, these are made for motorcycle riding - they have armor in the knees and hips, and Kevlar lining to keep me from getting scraped up if I go down."  He had to ponder that for a while.

I was busy getting the scoots ready, but I visited with him while I did.  When he could see that I was ready to gear up, he said, "Well, thanks for visiting with me - you have a safe ride."

I said, "Thanks - you have a good day," but I was thinking: "Well, me and my special pants plan to go fast and take lots of chances"... but, I didn't say it out loud.  ;-)

Getting ready to roll...




 A beautiful day; upper 70s as we headed out just after 11:00am.  We have a lot of stuff to get done today, so two hours for this ride is what we can work in... just enough to do a fun loop taking in Iron Mountain Road.  Yes, I shot some video and will work on it this evening... something to remember that last ride.

Short story: the ride was a delight.  Back to Hart Ranch; rotated the cargo trailer and got the scoots loaded in...


Yep, that makes today's ride officially our last one here this year.  We gathered up patio stuff.  Time off for a late lunch - Qdoba for Joan, Taco John's for me.  A stop at the DQ.  Off to Wally World for groceries.  Gas up the Honda.  A stop at Rushmore Candy Company for popcorn for Joan and a couple chocolate covered Twinkies for me... we are set for food needs for the trip south.  Then, back to Hart Ranch.  Joan worked on stuff that will go in the trailer tomorrow while I sanitized the fresh water tank.

Tomorrow will be a packing up day.

I'll work on the video from today when I get a chance.  Good riding memories for this summer.

---------

Here's the video...



No comments: