Thursday, September 2, 2021

Ya know when you buy something good...

 

... and then you get another of the same thing, and it isn't as good?  Yeah, it sucks when that happens.

Last month, I bought a Schuberth helmet.  It is nice.  Very nice.  That isn't the problem.  We ordered another helmet communicator for it, so Joan and I will be able to talk when we're riding.  You can't just "pop it off of one helmet to put on another"... there is wiring for the speakers and microphone that has to be routed inside the liner of the helmet.

Yeah, the communicator, which is the same model as the other two... really isn't the same.  Oh, it looks very similar and has the same model number; but, the connection for the speakers and mic is different.  And the way you turn it on, turn it off, and try to pair it to another helmet is completely different.  I spent close to two hours working with it today before I got it to connect to Joan's helmet.  Obviously, if that is what it takes each time, this thing is going back to Amazon.  We'll go back to the old school, hand-waving way of communicating.  Or, I'll wear my old helmet when we ride together and the new one when I'm riding solo.

But, we'll see.  Since I did finally get it to connect, we'll see if it "remembers" that connection and hooks up with no fuss next time.

--------

What's that?  I didn't talk about patching up hail damage?  I know; I'm tired of it, too.  ;-)


No comments: