Thursday, June 6, 2024

A Craving...

 

Not sure where to go with this one?  I'm talking about a food craving: it's been months since we had a Waffle House meal.  Joan looked around on-line to see where the closest Waffle House locations are... there is one on 85th Ave and McDowell.  I remember driving through that area a few weeks ago... plenty of decent looking retail, but the nearby neighborhoods looked a bit sketchy.  We decided to give it a go - after I got back from a ride.

I got out on the Burgman early today, but it was 85º for the overnight low... so, yep, another hot one.  I put on the cooling vest and Joan gave me a cooling scarf (wet it, snap it, and drape it around your neck) to try.  At some point, it is going to be too hot, even with all this cooling gear.  We are approaching that point with this overnight low.

More bicycles than vehicles today.  I did not see another motorcycle.  I also wanted to try my older Insta360 camera (an X2) with the AI editing.  Here's what the AI came up with: 45 seconds on 5 minutes worth of video...


 This was 4 clips.  To my eye, there is a "sameness" within each clip, so some repetition even within this 45 second end result.  As before with the AI, this cuts out 80 to 90% of the time spent editing the individual 360 video clips.

Back to the Waffle House: our meals were good.  I know some people think of Waffle House as being low rent (example: "Denny's is like Waffle House for people who don't know how to fight.")... I enjoy watching the griddling process: like "a meal and a show!"  It reminds me of my amateur status on the griddle - those cooks are good and efficient... flipping 5 pieces of bacon at a time... and making my all-time favorite tasting hashbrowns.

Like all restaurants and fast food, the prices have increased noticeably - a couple years ago, we could have breakfast there for $25 to $30... $45 this morning, with the tip.  And, the tip was well deserved: our waitress (like the cooks) was fast, friendly, and efficient.

That will take care of my craving for a couple months.  For Waffle House, not for riding.  ;-)

--------

The Facebook Memory from 2 years ago...



No comments: