Saturday, June 8, 2024

Hazy Days of Summer...

 

Yeah, there's plenty of songs that mention that phrase.  No bonus points, but I'm leaning towards Sly & The Family Stone's "Hot Fun In the Summertime"... I got out for some fun this morning.

A ride on the scoot?  Yeah, that's part of my routine... no surprise there, huh?  What can I say... "Live to Ride."  ;-)  It was about 5º cooler to start the day: I saw 79º on our yard thermometer.  For a few minutes.  It was up to 82º by the time I got Murphy fed, did my morning routine, then geared up for the ride.  The cooling vest actually felt cool when I put it on.

I generally avoid weekend rides up the mountain, but it has been different the last couple weeks; maybe because school is out, so there is very little traffic on Dobbins past the one school on my direct route to the good riding.  Compared to the last few days, there were fewer bicycles and more motorcycles this morning.  I am not the only one looking to enjoy some two-wheel therapy; mostly smaller sportbikes, one Harley dresser with a couple on it, and no other scooters.  Quite a few more people on the trails that I could see from the road.  You have to get it in when you can; and when Mother Nature allows.

Off the bike to take in the far horizon views...


 Crisp view of part of South Mountain in the foreground, with hazy silhouettes of mountains in the distance.  A noticeable haze in the air this morning.  And on the bright side: the "Excessive Heat Warning" expired last night.  A predicted high of "only" 109º today.

Joan and Murphy spent some time on the patio while I was out riding.  Under one of the patio umbrellas; them, not me - I don't have an umbrella holder on the scoot.  ;-)

We have another date night this evening: a concert at MIM.


No comments: