Monday, December 7, 2020

A week...

 

Time flies when you don't know what you are doing.

I guess I must have some small clue, because it seems like it has been a long week.  I didn't lose days like I did with the hip replacement.  This time, I remember.

Settling into a routine; eating, walking, resting, napping.  Emptying and changing bags.  Joan has been there to help me as needed... and frequently needed.

The sun is shining this morning, and the wind isn't cold out of the north.  Walking outside will be more pleasant today; with a high in the 60s.

A week's worth of progress and healing.  Yes, it still hurts.  I am trying to walk fully upright, but still find myself in that Neanderthal posture... I need to work on evolving.  ;-)

I have to get just a little mad to get my own socks on.  

--------

I have been out for 3 walks in our neighborhood today.  Not long walks, but the sunshine feels good.  After the last one, Rufus was waiting for me at the door.  It has been a week since he has been out on his leash, and he was ready.  Joan lets him out by the front steps as she is coming or going, so he hasn't been housebound.  The big furry boy has great facial expressions... he has been looking worried at me since I got home from the hospital.  Fortunately, he has been gentle, because he can be a bit of a moose.  I am convinced he knows something is up.

I visited with my friend and music partner Mark today.  I sent him some vocal tracks before the big poke, and he has been putting down some guitar, keyboard, and synth (sax) tracks.  I really appreciate his musicianship.  It's still a work in progress.  This situation has left me a bit raspy and just playing some music for Joan and Rufus hurts when I push from the diaphragm for a vocal.  And, I'm still dealing with numbness in my fingertips, but it does seem to be slowly improving.  Weird.  

---------

A brief moment of pink in the sky as the sun dipped below the horizon; the view from our deck...

No comments: