Monday, December 14, 2020

The latest music project...

 

Joan requested this song.  I worked out the guitar and vocals, then added drum and bass guitar tracks.  This was a couple weeks before the surgery.  Mark started working on keyboard and lead guitar parts.  He suggested a track with some hand drums; I sent that off to him.

While I have been recuperating, Mark sent me files of the progress.  This morning, I got the finished file...

https://soundcloud.com/captainjimb/night-owls

Mark did the engineering on this, as well as piano, lead guitar, and sax (synth) tracks.  I did the vocals, acoustic guitar, drum/percussion, and bass.


 

It has been months since we've done a music only track.  While Joan and I were in the motorhome for the summer, Mark and I did a couple music video projects.  Since getting home, I've done several "Stayin' at Home" music videos, Mark has been making some music with a friend there in Phoenix.  It's good to work together on a project again.

Hope you enjoy the music.

--------

This afternoon, I did another Staying At Home video, a Christmas edition...


Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas.  Shot with an iPhone 11 Pro and a Shure MV88+ mic.  Ambient room sound, backed with my Emerald X7.


No comments: