Monday, December 28, 2020

Live to Ride...

 

If you said, "Part of the tattoo on your ass that reads: 'Live to Ride, Ride to Eat'," you get 30 bonus points, mostly for looking at my ass.  Joking, of course - the proper wording is: Live to Ride, Ride to Live.  "Is that really on your ass?" you ask.  Thanks for asking... you lose your 30 bonus points.

I took the Vespa out for a real ride today.  Last week's ride was just for my determination.  Today, it was an outing around town and the resort.  I rode for about an hour, and it was great...

 

Joan was at the grocery store, so I didn't have a photographer to capture the momentous occasion.  That shot above is from my phone that is mounted on the bike.  I do like that Quad Lock mount - it holds the phone securely and at an angle where I can see the GPS info on Waze; an easy reach for the USB cable on the socket I installed.  73º and breezy; partly cloudy... a nice day for a ride.

I'll let you know later, but not much abdominal ache after today's ride.  So far.  To add to really feeling like a scooter pilot again, I got the license plate for the scoot today.  Seems like it took a while for Piaggio to get the MSO sent to AF1 Racing so they could get my title, registration, and plate going.  One week beyond two months to get that plate.  I had the temporary paper plate on there, which made me look like a newbie.

The glint of the metal-flake paint on that scoot makes me smile.

------

I had some prescriptions to pick up at Walgreens.  I got the text from them while I was reading the Battle Scooters forum and saw that the current scooter tag is: you scoot at a pawn shop.  There is a pawn shop right next door to Walgreens... Joan suggested I take the Vespa to get the prescriptions.

The grab...

While waiting at the drive-up window at Walgreens, I decided on the new tag...


Your scooter at a drive-up window.  It is fun to be back in the game.  Good on Joan for suggesting it.

:-)


No comments: