Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Anyone up for a ride?

 

Me!  Pick me!

I knew today would be the day.  I've given it plenty of thought.  When Joan said, "I have a break in what I'm doing, so if you want to get the scoot out, this would be a good time."

That sounds like completely onboard to me.  Twelve days from the time the surgeon said, "Give it a month from now"... I like being ahead of schedule.  No, I am certainly not 100%, but my psyche could use a boost, and a short ride on the Vespa may not be what the doctor ordered, but I know what I need.

The lots are compact on our island, and a garage is rare.  The scoots stay in our "portable garage," also known as the cargo trailer.  The door to that trailer is heavy, so Joan insisted that she lower the door.  She also suggested that she be the one to pull the Vespa out... I think that's what she said, I was pretty focused...


Yes, I am wearing shorts.  I have to be selective about what kind of clothing goes across my middle, so soft waistbands are my current fashion trend.  I pulled the scoot out and put on a helmet and gloves...


Joan was recording this momentous occasion...

 

I assured Joan that I would stay in our neighborhood.  For full disclosure, after I left our street, I left our island and rode a few blocks into Port Isabel to get a photo of the scoot at a coffee shop there, to be able to post something in a thread about scooters and coffee shops.  I am still not a coffee drinker, but I am once again a scooter rider.  ;-)  And, I consider this part of "our neighborhood."
 

 Back at the house, I did as instructed and let Joan know of my triumphant return.  She watched while I put the Vespa away, then she closed the ramp door.  In the grand scheme of things, it was a short ride; for my sense of well-being, it was an important step.

A lovely day; temp was in the mid-70s, a light breeze, and partly sunny.  We're supposed to have a cool and windy day on Christmas Eve and only in the 60s on Christmas Day.  This was a good time for a first outing.


 


No comments: