Sunday, December 20, 2020

Pa rum pum pum pum...

 

If you said, "The Little Drummer Boy," you get 10 bonus points.  If you said, "It was written by American classical music composer and teacher Katherine Kennicott Davis in 1941," you get 10,000 bonus points.

You have have seen this on the internet...


 It made me laugh out loud.

I took yesterday off; well, not from everything, but from making a post here.  I got my walking exercise in - three times, for a mile and a half total.  But, I didn't do much else.

A good night's sleep last night, and I was ready to take on the day today.  After getting my first walk in this morning, I wanted to try playing drums.  I figured just "a sit test," to see if my nether regions could handle it.  I eased onto the seat tenderly.  Turned on the controller, put on some headphones, and picked up some drumsticks.  It didn't hurt.  Twenty minutes of playing, my lower belly felt like I had just done 100 sit ups.  Not in a bad way.  I didn't realize what a good core-workout playing drums would be.

I can tell I am feeling better: this morning, I had visions of riding that beautiful blue Vespa dancing in my head.  Until today, the idea of putting my ass on that scooter seat made everything in my nether regions say, "Oh, hell no!"  Today, they said, "Maybe.  Soon."  It has been 10 days since the surgeon said, "Give it at least a month," when I asked about riding again.

Getting better each day.


No comments: